New Shimano Clinchers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

So from what I gather the new clincher line from Shimano will include all carbon rims that were previously only available as tubular, is that correct?

I curious to see how a C50 will compare to the Bora 50 or the new Mavic Cosmic Pro Sl (a 40mm I know). The Shimano wheels don't look to have these new type of braking surfaces so I imagine that they are not on the cutting edge yet again :?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The all-carbon wheels are only on the tubulars and disk brake clincher versions. The rim brake clinchers will continue to be carbon bonded to aluminum. And there's no C50. It's either the C40 (really only 37mm deep and not 40mm as the name suggests) or the C60. Since I'm only interested in a rim brake clincher my options are limited to the C40 or C60 bonded carbon/aluminum rims. I want an all-carbon clincher so I went with a set of Campy Boras (still en-route to me). Currently I'm riding the C50 clincher. They are functional and durable. However they also weigh 1,775g. without rim tapes. I plan to keep my C50s for future rides with heavy descents.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Thanks to Shimano leaving something open there is more info on the new wheels. :)

http://productinfo.shimano.com/#/spec/1.8/ROAD/Wheel

(hattip to Steve / intheknowcycling.com)
Ride it like you stole it

phlip

by phlip

That is some proper detailed info, amazing.

A pity the WH-R9100-C24 do not employ the SCYLENCE freehub.