Conti sprinter tubular.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

billendk

by billendk

Hi.

I ride tubular for training and racing.
I have tried veloflex arenberg, very smooth ride but i had too many puntures. I decided to try conti gatorskin in 25mm and the hold up very well, no punture yet.
They are about to be worn out so i think i will try the conti sprinter in 25mm. I couldnt find much about their durability and how the ride, anybody who have any experience with these tubular?

Zoro

by Zoro

Experience with both/all. The sprinters ride better, not as nice as the Veloflex and puncture more than the gatorskins. I'd choose gatorskins for training (Although I'm trying the Veloflex Vlaanderen) and go to a more supple tyre for racing. So while I like the Sprinters, they are too much in the middle. If you train AND race on the same tyres - good choice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

They are really good value and fast enough to race on - on the basis they test as virtually identical crr to the Competitions. Obviously a bit slower than more supple compounds

That said, IME they are not quite as puncture resistant as the Comps, and are also slightly heavier

VFM - one of the best cheaper tubs
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Geoff

by Geoff

Not the best riding tubular, but ok. My wife rides Sprinters. If she can't flat them, nobody can...