Obermayer Schwarz Edition

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgt

by kgt

Corsa CX are fine tires too IME. I would try them if I were you since they also come cheap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote:Talking about the radius of the tire matching the radius of the rim bed. The closer these are to being the same the better the fit. Imagine an extreme example just for illustrative purposes... A fat mountain bike tube placed on a narrow road rim will just skim the edges of the rim. Wouldn't even touch the center of the rim bed. You can try gluing it to the center but when inflated it will still want to pull away from the low center. The edges will be fine however. In the other extreme, imagine a super skinny 21mm tubular on even one of today's wider road rims. The edges of the tire when inflated will want to pull up while the center will be the strongest bond. No big deal, but something to consider.

Yeah, really no big deal at all.

KCookie

by KCookie

I haven't seen any one mention continental, is there a reason for that, as they are a great clincher tyre. The LBS has the Lightweight branded Continental Competitions in stock which would match my bike perfectly. Would be FOC as well.
Kgt the Corsa CX are only AUD $66 so a great deal to be had.

kgt

by kgt

Continental Competitions are good tires but Vittoria provide a better ride quality IME.

KCookie

by KCookie

Thanks kgt.
I'll buy the Corsa CX as back up tyres and try the conties. If I don't like them then the Corsa can go on. Personally I don't think I'll notice much difference as I've never ridden tubulars. Maybe just the difference between clincher and tubular.
Also I've seen cheap Vittoria Pave 111, has anyone got any experience with these tyres.
Cheers

KCookie

by KCookie

Well I've gone ahead and bought the Vittoria Corsa CX tyres, let's hope I've made the right decision. Looking forward to seeing how much difference there is between the Obies and my Meilensteins clinchers. Now just got to wait 10 days for delivery. :( !!