New Wheels - Love Some WW Opinions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FMB51

by FMB51

I am in the process of completing my move to 100% tubular. Sold my final clincher wheelset this week, and am replacing it. I have a set of Bora Ultra 2's and a Set of ENVE Classic 25's. Want to try something built around Corima rims, as I hear phenomenal things about them. Choice is between buying a set of factory Aero S+ or buying the rims and lacing them myself to a pair of Tune Mig 70/170's. Weight difference is approx 20g, which is likely within the likely error around target rim weights. Love to hear any thoughts/opinions. Thank you in advance!!

kgt

by kgt

I would go for Corima factory wheels. I used to ride aero+, fine wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sawyer

by sawyer

Go factory yes
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

FMB51

by FMB51

Ordered the 47mm S+ Tubulars today. Thank you for input!!

mbrider

by mbrider

Im in the same boat - considering getting the 47mm S+ - please please report back with weights and your impressions.

For what its worth, I have a Tune 170 rear hub that is in the process of being built up. I played with it a bit before taking it in to be built. Seems like a really solid and dependable hub.

As a point of reference - my rear wheel being built with this hub, will have an old Edge 1.68 and is a 20 spoke build. Target weight is ~ 630grams

The 47mm S+ is referenced at 710 grams. Which is a bit interesting, as the rims themselves should be within ~10grams of one another (Corima claimed 370grms)

If this all is correct, would say to me that the rear Corima hub will be a very solid one.