training wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blondie

by blondie

looking for a set of everyday training wheels, price range 300-400 ish what are some i should look at

junchen

by junchen

Fan of campagnolo / fulcrum products. The zonda / fulcrum racing 3 would fit in your price range. Relatively light, stiff, bomb proof.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blondie

by blondie

forgot to mention, shimano 11sp

Multebear

by Multebear

Is your budget in USD, GBP or Euros?

mimason

by mimason

Ultegra

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

I do rate the Zondas but be aware that while they are nice and stiff, they can be a little harsh if you have an unforgiving frameset!

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

blondie

by blondie

these wheels will be on my wilier cento air

gravity

by gravity

MikeyBE wrote:I do rate the Zondas but be aware that while they are nice and stiff, they can be a little harsh if you have an unforgiving frameset!

I can vouch for harsh ride on an unforgiving frameset. But I really couldnt think of any other wheelset at that price range that can top zonda.

Or you can probably get a custom wheels built with bitex hubs and Dt Swiss R460, H+Son archetype, A23 that will still probably within your budget. Parts can be replaced when it died out..

Multebear

by Multebear

Why not get some shimano rs11's, for everyday training, and save some money for something nice. For training you just need cheap miles. Save the rest for a carbon wheelset or a PM.

blondie

by blondie

think i am going with the ulterga's. i can get them for 297 and the zondas are 380ish. i dont know if the extra cash is worth the differences. if i am wrong let me know

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Sorry to complicate things... But if you are in the UK / EU, merlin cycles are doing good prices on DT SWISS wheels at present.

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

New Fulcrum Racing Quattro with 17mm inner width. Bombproof and cheaper than Zondas. A little heavier also but hey, you want to train on them anyway.

stormur

by stormur

300g heavier, not " a little" ;) BUT : stronger. Zonda is nice , but for lighter guy ( experience on two sets ). Quattro/ Scirocco is virtually undestructible, and feels lighter than really is.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

stormur wrote:300g heavier, not " a little" ;) BUT : stronger. Zonda is nice , but for lighter guy ( experience on two sets ). Quattro/ Scirocco is virtually undestructible, and feels lighter than really is.

Nope, 131g heavier according to the manufacturer. Bike24 lists 142g difference with Shimano rotor (weighted by bike24).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

blondie

by blondie

for some reason i went with zonda's . they will be on the bike sometime next week. hopefully, will let you guys know my thoughts. thanks