Corima 47 s+ tubulars - experiences?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

beanbiken

by beanbiken

What I can do tonight is weigh my front wheel/tire and I have a spare tire. Easy to subtract one from the other plus an allowance for the Mastik, will advise
BB

Coffee & carbon

beanbiken

by beanbiken

beanbiken wrote:What I can do tonight is weigh my front wheel/tire and I have a spare tire. Easy to subtract one from the other plus an allowance for the Mastik, will advise

Ok, too lazy to strip the rear wheel to weigh but the front wheel with 25mm Conti comp is 765gms 25mm CC with a single layer of dried Mastik 1 is 280gms so the bare wheel would be in the vicinity of 475gms net after allowing 10gms for 3 layers of Mastik 1 on the rim. Hope that helps
BB

Coffee & carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mbrider

by mbrider

Thanks beanbiken - that does help. Looks to be very close to the claimed 460 grams for the front wheel.

Cheers!

FMB51

by FMB51

My Corima's arrived here in NY today. Ordered on Friday 4/8. Won't have them glued up until next weekend. Very happy with the experience with Starbike (first time)!! Wheels feel super light in the hand. Finish looks very nice, obviously the proof will be in the riding!! This finishes my move to 100% tubular. Wanted a set of wheels for the Look I just built up last autumn, what better than a French wheel set. Not sure how to attach pics on WW, so once i figure it out...

junchen

by junchen

FMB51 wrote:My Corima's arrived here in NY today. Ordered on Friday 4/8. Won't have them glued up until next weekend. Very happy with the experience with Starbike (first time)!! Wheels feel super light in the hand. Finish looks very nice, obviously the proof will be in the riding!! This finishes my move to 100% tubular. Wanted a set of wheels for the Look I just built up last autumn, what better than a French wheel set. Not sure how to attach pics on WW, so once i figure it out...

Use Tapatalk on Android or ios. There is a straight upload feature using the Tapatalk app.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

mbrider

by mbrider

@FMB51 - Any updates for us, on your sweet new wheels? Pics please!

ichobi

by ichobi

Anyone tried riding them in the wet? Wonder about wet weather braking, and if its comparable to new wheels like new boras or new zipps. Corima doesnt seem to care much about marketing but i am sure they make good wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMB51

by FMB51

mbrider wrote:@FMB51 - Any updates for us, on your sweet new wheels? Pics please!

love to post update...assuming it ever stops raining here in the Northeast!! Tires mounted (FMB Competition CX's) went with the carogna tape again. Hoping to get out Saturday weather permitting. Going to devote Sunday to my better half for Mother's Day so...

FMB51

by FMB51

OK - I'm a dope and still haven't figured out attaching pictures on this board (may be me, but other boards seem to be much easier). have about 1000 miles on the Corima's at this point. I originally went with the S+'s to be a proper French addition to my Look 695 build. I am an FMB guy, ride either the Roubaix's or the Comp CX's. I went the Corogna tape route, as I had had a good initial experience. In this instance not so much. The FMB's tend to run a bit larger than advertised. I could not get the wheel/tire combo to fit in the Look. They sorta fit in the C59, but not ideal. Weird, because i had never had any issues. Well, ditched the tape and did a traditional glue job and the everything seemed to fit. I guess if you're frame is a close tire fit, the extra thickness of the tape versus the glue layer(s) may be a show stopper. Anyway, the wheels have been great. Roll really well, comfortable and i haven't had any noticeable issues with the wind. If i have a niggle, it is that I sense the engagement of the hub is slightly less immediate than my other wheel sets. In the interest of full disclosure, I am about to try a slight re-alignment of my Q-rings and what I am sensing in terms of an engagement lag, could be a mis-match between my pedal stroke and the point in crank rotation where i experience the 'larger' part of the q-ring. I really like the wheels and would happily go Corima again. Actually considering a set of the MCC's. Toying with a 32mm/47mm set, although i need another wheel set like i need a third eye.

raffal

by raffal

Don't you guys think it is too much stiff for normal riders? I personally think it is for a professional riders

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

raffal wrote:Don't you guys think it is too much stiff for normal riders? I personally think it is for a professional riders

They are indeed very stiff wheels. Lightweights ride smoother, but if you are big / powerful/ sprinter, then the Corimas would be great wheels for you.

Full review here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQuuFX1-rY