Campag Scirocco H35 hub bearings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

penarth

by penarth

Does anyone know if the drive side bearing in Campag Scirocco hub shell is removable please? I’ve removed the freehub bearings (2 x 6803-2RS) and the NDS one from the hub shell (6903-2RS) but can’t see a way to drift the DS out. Its outboard side is retained by the Ratchet Ring whose removal is documented as Service Centre only. The inboard side of the bearing butts up to a metal sleeve that appears to be unmovable. Both freehub bearings were shot and, sod’s law, so is the remaining DS bearing.

Well aware of the drawbacks of factory wheels but it seems a shame to scrap the wheel as the rim’s plenty of wear left in it.

Many thanks

bcmf

by bcmf

I know I did mine a good while back.Cant remember having too much trouble.
I think removing the circlip is the key but am going from a fuzzy memory.
But I did it with basic tools.
Hope that helps!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

The bearing is not retained by the drive ring. The drive ring ID is approx 0.5 mm bigger than the OD of the bearing - if driven in a straight line with a proper bearing driver, it'll pass straight through. You may hit a problem if you try and "walk" the bearing out by using a drift from the back.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

penarth

by penarth

Ah the answer! Thank you so much. I've not done any serious whacking of anything for fear doing harm so now that you have confirmed the right way to do it I'll get myself a proper bearing extractor.

Really helpful of you.

Many thanks.