Front wheel advice

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Irishboy

by Irishboy

I was wondering if I could get some opinions someone is selling a set of mavic elite front wheel that is about 110 grams lighter then my mavic aksium wts. They are selling it for $60. Would I most likely notice any difference or have any benefit just swapping over my front wheel only for a better wheel to justify $60?

I have the rear wheel but unfortunately the rim is no good and from what my lbs told me you have to replace all the spokes in order to replace the rim Inn at the end the cost would be better just to buy a new back wheel I was hoping to save the hubs and rebuild a wheel for cheaper.

But this front wheel is in excellent condition just not sure if it's worth the money if I would notice any difference or benefit?

Multebear

by Multebear

I dont se any reason to upgrade from alloy to lighter/faster alloy. Save the money and ultimately spend them on a 50 mm deep section carbon U shaped wheelset. The way I see it, theres no reason to aim for a fast set of alloy wheels, when carbon wheels are so much faster.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com