Which wheels for Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

arthurf wrote:Nothing wrong with 404's on an F8, I'm running this (with Campy) and it works really nicely. If an F8 and 404's are the bike of choice for Wiggins and his team then why not.

Nope, the teams have a choice of sponsors but the riders never do.

The Eastons must be the most underrated wheels around. Nice subtle graphics, wider than the Zipps, innovative hub design, and good weight. People somehow have the impression the company itself wasn't trustworthy I think.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

wheelsONfire wrote:I still have not figured why most of the guys never mention Easton Aero 55 (especially tubular version)?
I have yet to find something to complain about, but i find nothing!
I thought i would find some real downsizer coming from CCU and Ax Stream 38.
But on the contrary, they are super fun and ride feel is much better than expected.

Honesty i forget about Easton sometimes. They had some problems early on years back and i tossed them in my American Classic bucket... in reality both of these companies have improved. I l like the look of the Eastons and if i could secure them for a nice price would be worth a hard look.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

There's plenty of them going cheap on ebay - just saw a brand new set of tubulars at 1k with only 5 hours to go.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

TheGoldenGreek

by TheGoldenGreek

Hey guys has anyone done a side by side ride comparison between Enve 4.5 and LW Meilensteins??

Also how much of a difference does hub choice make within the Enve range? There seem to be several versions including the standard DTs, Chris King and now ceramic bearings hub choice.

Starting to narrow down my choices and it might be coming down to these too. Leaning more towards Enve but it'll all depending on what the LBS recommends.

mimason

by mimason

I like ENVE with CK. Mine have been bulletproof for over 30k miles and still spin freely without binding and I have been caught in many heavy rains over the years too. The rear CK should build up stiffer that DTs too. DTs are good, I have 240s on Reynolds rims, just not as much imho. I would save the money and pass on ceramic bearings but a friends has 3.4s with ceramics and all is good there. If I were to build a set now I would go with WI, though, given a choice.

I can't comment on LW.

WonderSausage

by WonderSausage

Campagnolo Bora One 50. 1485g, $1,539 on Starbike. I have a set on my Pegoretti and they are stellar. I'm not sure if they're as aero as my 404s on my other bike, but they ride as well and brake better.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

I am sort of in the same boat. Brand new F8 MyWay...sitting on a shelf awaiting my Clavicula SE cranks....still pending from Germany.

I am interested in the Reynolds RZR Team 46 tubulars. Anyone have an opinion?

thanks

Multebear

by Multebear

TheGoldenGreek wrote:
Yeah I can't do it. Just doesn't look right for me. Admittedly I wasn't planning on buying a F8 and was probably going to build a Bianchi Oltre XR2 with SR and Boras.

Why not?

TheGoldenGreek

by TheGoldenGreek

Multebear wrote:
TheGoldenGreek wrote:
Yeah I can't do it. Just doesn't look right for me. Admittedly I wasn't planning on buying a F8 and was probably going to build a Bianchi Oltre XR2 with SR and Boras.

Why not?

I dunno! Just doesn't feel right. Shimano groupset and Campagnolo rims. I don't know. Just doesn't go in my mind. Admittedly if I had built it from scratch I would have went an all Campagnolo drive train. First world problems!

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Tricky76 wrote:I am sort of in the same boat. Brand new F8 MyWay...sitting on a shelf awaiting my Clavicula SE cranks....still pending from Germany.

I am interested in the Reynolds RZR Team 46 tubulars. Anyone have an opinion?

thanks

RZR seems cool, but i don't like the narrow profile. It's same as current Mavic CCU.
None Team version, is also lighter but not as stiff (which might be a good thing in my book).

I asked Reynolds of RZR Team and standard. Team is reinforced to meet up UCI regulations.
But again, standard is lighter!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

Tricky76

by Tricky76

RZR seems cool, but i don't like the narrow profile. It's same as current Mavic CCU.
None Team version, is also lighter but not as stiff (which might be a good thing in my book).

I asked Reynolds of RZR Team and standard. Team is reinforced to meet up UCI regulations.
But again, standard is lighter![/quote]

I think I misspoke before. I mean the SLG or "standard" weighing in at 946 grams for the set. Sorry.

anyway, thanks

Multebear

by Multebear

TheGoldenGreek wrote:
I dunno! Just doesn't feel right. Shimano groupset and Campagnolo rims. I don't know. Just doesn't go in my mind. Admittedly if I had built it from scratch I would have went an all Campagnolo drive train. First world problems!

That's some kind of religious BS, that doesn't really apply (anymore). The cat 1 and 2 racers, that I ride with don't pay attention to stuff like that at all. Neither do I. I know some older guys who do, but they can't ride hard anymore, so in my mind there opinion doesn't really count.

Since you already have italian frame, japanese group and american wheels. Doesn't matter if you change to italian wheels, since you already mixed it up. Ride the parts you like, and don't pay attention to some guys religious comments. That said, Boras are probably the most praised wheels on this board.

mimason

by mimason

^Ha! I even ride with an ex Giro stage winning pro on occasion and get a head nod. You said it....no one cares anymore.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Keep the faith. Lol. I still like to see nice builds and part of that (for me at least) is maintaining some consistency and religious affiliation :), whatever that may be. And for sure everyone has "artistic license" to build as they please (look away, I'm hideous). Having said that I would love to get one of the Trek Koppenberg frames and build it up with Campy, despite the fact that the frame is plastered with big Shimano logos. If I do, I've already decided I would just black out the "NO" at the end of each logo... So at least it shows that I'm actually aware of the sin I am committing. Image
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mimason

by mimason

Yeah, thats a cool frame. I dig that one.

I tell the Shimano guys to black out the S and the O for some real kicks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com