Which wheels for Dogma F8?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fogman

by fogman

I don't believe in mixing brands. Bontrager belongs on Trek, Roval belongs on Specialized, etc.
I have Bora One on my Dogma 65.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nycebo

by nycebo

TheGoldenGreek wrote:I'm going to stick with 3T only I need to purchase a new stem which I'll do once I get a bike fit done.

I agree and love those bars. Get a matching stem sized to you and the bike is going to just look sick. Just remember to get on the thing and ride it; too often I just stare at it! :beerchug:

TheGoldenGreek

by TheGoldenGreek

I've got it... just can't post a photo up!! How do I do this!

junchen

by junchen

Download the Tapatalk mobile app and use it to upload your pics.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

roropopo

by roropopo

Corima MCC will decorate perfectly your bike.

My friend has a F8 with MCC.

In addition, This wheel has a good performance.

Don't hesitate to choose Corima MCC.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

TheGoldenGreek wrote:I've got it... just can't post a photo up!! How do I do this!

You got the LW's for your Pina?

How do you like the all over ride feel?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

TheGoldenGreek

by TheGoldenGreek

wheelsONfire wrote:
TheGoldenGreek wrote:I've got it... just can't post a photo up!! How do I do this!

You got the LW's for your Pina?

How do you like the all over ride feel?

Hi... So I've had the ability to ride it now for about 3.5 weeks and also having the ability to contrast the bike/ride characteristics against my older bike (Cannondale Supersix Evo).

The F8 is just fast. The power comes on so much quicker and smoother than the Evo. At times I have been riding into a head wind sitting on 35km/h easily wondering am I going quick only to discover that I am. Maybe part of this has to do with the wheels (F8 running LW's; Evo running Enve 4.3) or the fact that I'm running a compact on the Evo but its this has been very noticeable to me especially riding both bikes side by side. The EVO is stiff but it just doesn't have the same level of responsiveness from what I've noticed.

Up the hills I haven't really noticed much of a difference other than feeling at times as if the LW's just spin up faster than the Enve's on the Enve. I wonder if that's just the feeling you'd get from riding on a lighter wheel set.

The F8 however is much less compliant and especially with those wheels. One of the first things I noticed was how harsh the ride can be at times. It's not bone jarringly harsh but you definitely feels the bumps and road noise on the F8. I am inclined to do more testing to see how much of it is the wheels vs the frame. Again obviously in getting wheels like LW you have to be fully aware of the compromise you make on ride quality when you consider how light and stiff they actually are.

The EVO is however a VERY underrated bike. Aside from what I've detailed above aren't overt. I am inclined to take the wheels off the F8 and swap them to see how the bike dynamics change on the VO. I'm wrapped though. I'm going to upload some photos later.

kgt

by kgt

Thanks for the review! What tires are you using? Waiting for the evo-lw review.
Last edited by kgt on Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Agree with KGT, thanks!

I have always suspected Lightweight rides harsh ever since i read and looked at pics of how the wheels are made.
To me, it looks very very close to CCU.

I guess if you rode a wheelset which offers more comfort, you would surely like the ride feel better.
Since i am so convinced, i actually decided to wait for No tubes Avion Pro for my own new bike.

I did not realize in time that i felt CCU was too harsh for me.
But it sure is interesting the F8 feels faster.

CCU wheels also felt faster and so did my Scott Foil. But in all honesty, i am not sure it was faster.
I could not detect any gains over time, using CCU or Ax Stream 38.
Just swapped between Stream 38 and Aero 55. Now i noted that Stream 38 seems to come off with lesser effort.
They feel much more snappy. But well up to speed i am not sure.
I am not so quick i can pace high speeds ( i do not pace in 40-50Km/h ).

I personally like wider rims as i feel a higher comfort and stability.
However, i wonder if Aero 55 had not been more quick in accelerations using more spokes?

To me it seems more spokes should be a better for power (from hubs to spokes to wheel) and speed?
I don't think the drag is something i should care for because i think it's such a small difference between 16/20 to 20/24.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

audiojan

by audiojan

Changed to ENVE 6.7's on my F8 for this year (and changed the handlebars to Most Aero integrated). Moved my Campy Bora 35's to my Parlee Z5 to be my dedicated lightweight bike.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

caballero

by caballero

Custom corimas. Tune hubs, Cx Ray with viva rims.