Hed Belgium Plus on Caad10 and Colnago C60?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Anyone has tried these wheels on a Caad10 2015 and on Colnago C60? Or any rims who are just as wide? I considering building a pair, and run some 25/26/27mm tires on them.

Best Regards Soeren.

stormur

by stormur

25mm tires are already 27-28mm on C2 rims, so will be wider on C2+ ,will frameset accomodate it ??? in 27 I would expect 30-31mm - we are in CX range ..
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Maybe i should just buy the C2 version then?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'd stick with the C2's. I had a pair of them in clincher version and with a 25mm Conti 4000Sii the clearance was too tight on a C59 for comfort. The C60 has a bit more clearance so at least a 25mm on a C2 should be ok but I doubt that a bigger clincher than that would be good. Don't know about the Cannondale.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Calnago wrote:I'd stick with the C2's. I had a pair of them in clincher version and with a 25mm Conti 4000Sii the clearance was too tight on a C59 for comfort. The C60 has a bit more clearance so at least a 25mm on a C2 should be ok but I doubt that a bigger clincher than that would be good. Don't know about the Cannondale.

All right then. :-) I'll stick with the c2.. Did you like them? I'm building a comfort/climbing wheelset with some r45s..

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I had the Belgium rims (24 front, 28 rear) and built them on DT Swiss 190 front hub and Powertap rear with DT Aerolite spokes. I thought they were excellent wheels. Sold them to a friend and he has put them through the ringer since and still going strong. Great wheels.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

stormur

by stormur

24/28 on Dt hubs, aerolite. CX wheelset now, used 1 season on road. I don't like it - iLove it !
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

numberSix

by numberSix

on tire width, I remember seeing a video where HED recommends a 23mm tire on the Plus rims. The idea is the shape is the same width as the rim for aero, and a better cornering profile. Been riding the C2 rims with 23mm Pro4s, very impressive wheelset.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Not just any 23mm tire is recommended. For example, Conti 4000S run wide. No matter which rim you mount them on, it's going be 2mm wider. For aero benefit, you'd want your rim width (outer) to be as wide as tire. Last I checked, wide rims don't exceed 25mm with an exception of Enve and few Taiwanese rims, measure at 27mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

Nejmann

by Nejmann

On that picture, it looks like the hed belgium plus with 25mm is the most comfortable? and it sits the best? or is it just me?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Nejmann wrote:On that picture, it looks like the hed belgium plus with 25mm is the most comfortable? and it sits the best? or is it just me?

This will give you an idea viewtopic.php?t=136995 scroll down to post from "lactatehate" user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder