Experience with Profile Design 24 wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

youngblud

by youngblud

Does anyone have experience with Profile Design wheels? I'm interested in the 38 and need some advise/opinions etc.... Looking to use this for climbing and rolling hills

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Borrowed the 38's for a few weeks recently, nice wheels for the price, typically good DT internals. Braking in wet was fairly quite good with Swisstop pads. Downside is that they are just not that light, around 1480g. Maybe the tub version for racing, otherwise there are lighter alloy wheels for around the same $. Depth is actually 40mm including brake track, aero benefits are generally zilch at that depth.
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

jrayner4

by jrayner4

I have a pair and have had them for nearly 18 months. I now use them on my commuting bike. They roll well and as mentioned the braking in the wet is very good. The only issue I have had is to replace the front bearings done by my LBS. Unfortunately I live in Shanghai which is very flat so have little climbing experience but when I have done I don't remember thinking the wheels are holding me back. Overall I like them and would highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youngblud

by youngblud

Thanks! Didn't know that they use DT Swiss internals. I will have to rent and try them out, before I make my decision to buy them.