Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 CLINCHER tire mounting

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bourquek

by Bourquek

Hi, can anyone comment how difficult it is to mount clincher tires on the Bora Ultra 35? Any tire recommendations that would be easier to mount? Really curious as I have ENVE 3.4s which I find to be super easy to mount clincher tires on.

fogman

by fogman

I have the Bora One 35 clincher (same rim as the Ultra). Tire mounting is no more difficult than any other clincher rim IMO. I start opposite the valve and end at the valve. Have mounted Conti GP4000S II (23c and 25c), Schwalbe One (25c) and Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Weather (25c) all mounted to this rim at one time or another. The Vredestein give me the best chainstay frame clearance. Nice tires, no punctures so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

^What he said.

Pro4 limited though are hard to mount. Contis and normal Pro4s are no different than normal expectations.

Bourquek

by Bourquek

Awesome feedback on the Vredesteins. I've mounted Pro4s on my ENVE and they go on almost too easy. Conti 4000S II and Schwalbe One were about the same effort. If they mount about the same on my ENVEs as they do on a Bora 35 then I'll be happy.

stormp

by stormp

Well in my experience, its not the rim but the tyre that influences the level of difficulty in mounting. I, like fogman, have the 35 one's, gp4000II is pretty easy to mount.

thp

by thp

Just as easy if not easier, with Vittoria CX and 4000s. Wide rims have made tire mounting a cinch.

Bourquek

by Bourquek

thp wrote:Just as easy if not easier, with Vittoria CX and 4000s. Wide rims have made tire mounting a cinch.

Good to hear to this. I was wondering if it was just my ENVE 3.4s with the wide rims but good to hear that is the case with all wide rims.

cmcdonnell

by cmcdonnell

No issues mounting GP4000sII on my Bora 50's. Bit of an effort the first time but managed it without using any levers. I always use a bit of talk to help the bead move freely. One punchure and that was no bother changing it.
Bianchi Oltre XR2 + Campagnolo Super Record 11 + Campagnolo Bora 50C
Litespeed T1 + Campagnolo Chorus 11 + Campagnolo Shamal Ultra

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com