Vittoria graphene (tubular) tires experience?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mai

by mai

makes sense, so the packaging above appears to be completely bonkers...

spookyload

by spookyload

Can you please mention what valves they are using on the G+. Is it the red ones that are non-removable core that you remove at the base of the valve stem, or a traditional version that you can remove to add extenders. I assume they are 42mm long since that seems to be the standard now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Removable core/traditional one as you called it. I took the core out to put on the extender.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

spookyload

by spookyload

:beerchug: Thanks. Couldn't find pictures of them anywhere. I was on the fence between the G+ or CX. The chance of getting some of the red ones that you can't add sealant in an emergency is worth the extra money.

jnm

by jnm

I love the packaging, and I imagine it's a temporary product launch thing and not what they'll use long term. No bike shop will want to stock them if they stay that size, or you'll just see them shipped to shops in a plain box to hang.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Got it on 2 nights ago and gonna use it tomorrow morning. It seems quite rounded (25mm btw) and tucked itself in towards the centre of my 28mm wide Easton aero 55 wheels, looking like a clincher tire with its bulb shape. My Zipp 23mm tangente tubular behind seems a bit flatter at the side and seems to fit equally wide out on the tire bed actually. A little mismatched in colours now but I'm travelling to Taiwan to climb the epic Wuling mountain in June and will swap out the zipp tire behind before I fly to have a fresh tubular on. (the front will outlast the rear anyway).