HED Ardennes + LT or Pacenti / White Industries T11

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Howdy

Looking to finally get some wider wheels for the Cervelo and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the above 2 options. I can get the HED's shipped for around 1k AUD inc GP4000s tyres. The Pacenti build would probably be around 1.1-1.2k. Any other recommendations anyone has please let me know (around 24-25mm rim) :D
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

briantumma

by briantumma

I've just bought some Ardennes + rims and although I'm yet to ride them, I'm really impressed with the finish and look of them. Pacenti's get a lot of good reviews although my wheel builder wasn't impressed with the latest version - reckoned they've gone too light and lost the quality they had before. That's his opinion though so can't back it up!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Thanks briantumma. Yes I was talking to a wheel builder about the Pacenti and he wasn't impressed with the new narrow brake track. I've read that people just use Kool Stop pads (which I already have) so not really an issue there.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

The Belgium plus rims are a lot better than the pacentis but the t11 is a stronger hub than the HED hubs..
I just built a set of Belgium + rims to t11 what a bad ass wheelset!!

Multebear

by Multebear

Why not Flo30´s?

You can get them either as wheelset or as rims only. They are 25.92 mm wide...

http://www.flocycling.com/wheels_front_flo_30.php

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Let's define better. The hed belgium+ rim is 490 g and very stiff. The pacenti sl23 rim is 420g and noticably less stiff. Both rims are as round and as flat as each other.

I have no idea what is meant by a stronger hub. Neither crack and fall apart. The bearing in the white industries hubs will last longer though.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

The belguims plus rims i have just been building with are all around 460g for starters. And if you have had luck with the pacentis you have been building with been both flat and round then you have been getting lucky. The belguims don't have much deviation in manufacturing quality.. The pacentis on the other hand... I personally won't bother with them, the belguimsis a much better product and produces a stronger more durable wheel

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Thanks for all the input guys.
I guess it's also a matter of whether a 25mm rim will fit in my 2012 R3, I'm pretty sure it will. I guess I can always revert back to 23mm tyres if need be.
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

You still get a big increase in extra air under the tire and they bag out a fair bit. I think a 23c tire on a 24-25mm rim makes for a better handling shape to be honest

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I build with Pacenti SL23's regularly and they are all flat and round. All the belgium+ I have weighed are 490g average. 460g is a light one seen that a couple of time but it is not normal. The tubular rim is 465g average.