Farsports rims ERD?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bluechip

by Bluechip

For those that have ordered Farsports rims, has the listed ERD been accurate? I ordered the 58d x 28w last week and would like to have the spokes here when they arrive, but only if their stated ERD's have been accurate. Just getting a bit impatient with my first carbon rim build.

Multebear

by Multebear

Never order spokes before you have both rims and hubs, and have them measured as well. I have 3 sets of Farsports rims. The ERD differed from the listed ERD between 1-4 mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bluechip

by Bluechip

Yes, I know that but I was just hoping that they would be super accurate in their measurements so I could have everything ready to go as soon as the rims got here. Bummer!

F45

by F45

Call the local bike shops and ask if they have a spoke roller like the Phil wood or Ashima. Then you can buy spokes a few mm long and get them shortened if necessary in a day.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Hey

Yeah, they have never been completely accurate in my experience.

Like others said, you should always measure it yourself, then order spokes after. This adds an extra week or whatever to the build time, while you wait for the spokes to arrive, but it means you have the right length!

Last rim I ordered was a 38mm, 23mm-wide, U shape 24h carbon clincher. On their site, it is listed at 568mm. I asked them to check and they told me it was 571mm. Measured it... 570mm.

So there you go.

:)

kame

by kame

Same here. I recently ordered 3 different models of 25mm wide rim.

One ERD was accurate, one was 1mm over and the third was 2-3mm over.
In meiner Kette fehlt kein Glied, wenn die Lust von hinten zieht.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

The rims just arrived. They look pretty good. The listed ERD is 529 and I measured it at 528.

Just a quick question about measuring ERD. I use the two spoke method. I've always used spokes that were shorter and never reached each other. I add the distance between the end to the spokes to the spoke length (x2). These rims are deep and even my shortest spokes cross. So this time I subtracted the distance between the crossed spokes to get the ERD. Is this correct? I just want to make sure I am not missing something. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bluechip

by Bluechip

Nevermind. I found an alternate method of measuring ERD. I've been doing it my way for so long I didn't even think to look for another way. Anyway, I'm getting the same numbers I got before so spokes have been ordered.