Cross Wheelset: Hub Options-CLD Through Axle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Alright, so starting to put together the new cross bike which has through axles front and rear (15 X 100mm & 12 X 142mm respectively). Will be built up with Hydro 11sp Di2

Going for some Pacenti Sl25s 28h for the rims and was originally going to lace them to some White Industries CLD's.

Was just searching around before I committed and came across the new(ish) XTR m9010 hubs. Did some minor searching but couldn't come up with anything regarding freehub body specs and dimensions. More specifically, can you throw an 11speed road cassette on the XTR m9010 rear hub? Are the cassette dimensions and lock ring thread pitch and diameter the same between the two?

If so, does anybody see and downsides to running the XTR hubs over the White Industries other than having to go for 32h in the XTR? I can get the XTR's considerably cheaper so leaning towards those now.

Any other options out there worth mentioning? Already ruled out DT swiss and I9.

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

F45

by F45

You can't put a Shimano made 11spd road cassette on that hub. The 11 spd mountain cassettes dish over toward the spokes to fit the 11th cog; the freehub is the same length as the 10 speed.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Lameskees.

Thanks though.

Any other options out there worth considering?

jeffy

by jeffy

why are you ruling out DT?

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

No legitimate reason really other than expensive. Never been a fan of DT hubs (call me crazy).

Oh and I appreciate a Ti freehub body, such as the on on the White Industries.

F45

by F45

Chris King. Great resale value.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Chris King doesn't make a center lock disc hub.

Not concerned about resale value. Never factor that in.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

jeffy wrote:why are you ruling out DT?
They don't do an 11 speed disc hub yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgkicksbutt

by rgkicksbutt

re: DT

You can put the (current) road 11spd freehub on their (current) mtb hubs, you just have to buy it seperately.

Another option is Bontrager XXX 29er mtb wheels. You do need to buy the 11spd freehub though... Or the Bontrager Affinity Pro road disc wheelset, which you would need to buy new end caps for the thru axles. Both use what is basically a DT 240 hub. And I think both come with the upgraded 52 POE ring.

But if you don't want an aluminum freehub, just go with the white ind. That's what I'm doing.

erik$

by erik$

I bought road 11s DT 350 CL straight pull hubs (puh!) this summer so they are available in that flavor at least. Those were 24h though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

chris king do make 11 speed road disc brake hubs. I can see them at the U.K distributors website.

11 speed road disc brake hubs from DT Swiss are available in 28H and 32H thru axle formats with centre lock rotor mounting and traditional flanges. Perfect disc brake hubs.

hornedfrog

by hornedfrog

Yes I know they make 11 speed disc hub, but they do not make a center lock disc hub, which is what I am after.

Looks like White Industries is my best option at this point.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

@hornedfrog

Spring 2016 for CK CLD hubs if you haven't seen it. White is probably best bet for now and not a bad choice in any event...The new turquoise is pretty though.