Planet X CT45

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

Hi all,

Long time lurker, and first post! Always loved this forum and the advice and wisdom readily dished out - thank you.

Been riding for a few years now and after playing about on a friends 50mm tubs, I fancy my first deep sections.

As making the switch to tubs is rather daunting I'm tempted to pick up some planet X ct45s. Does anyone have some real world experience of these wheels at all?

Care to share your insight? BTW I'm 65kg and live in the middle of Belgium; flat and rolling with the occasional short sharp climb!

Thanks,

M

robrud

by robrud

I have a set of CT45 that I use together with Velflex Arenberg 25 tubulars as my racing wheels. I live in Sweden, so no climbing for me. Compared to Mavic Ksyrium Elite WTS these wheels feel stiffer and more responsible especially on short surges. I am totally happy with the braking power both in dry and wet. After few very wet rides the freewheel started making noises but those went away after clening and lubing the freewheel. I have ridden cobles and hit some potholes but the wheels after 2k km are straight. No problems in crosswinds. I think for 500 euros those are great wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

robrud wrote:I have a set of CT45 that I use together with Velflex Arenberg 25 tubulars as my racing wheels. I live in Sweden, so no climbing for me. Compared to Mavic Ksyrium Elite WTS these wheels feel stiffer and more responsible especially on short surges. I am totally happy with the braking power both in dry and wet. After few very wet rides the freewheel started making noises but those went away after clening and lubing the freewheel. I have ridden cobles and hit some potholes but the wheels after 2k km are straight. No problems in crosswinds. I think for 500 euros those are great wheels.

Cheers. Did you glue or tape your tubs? PX say glue voids your warranty (!)

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk

robrud

by robrud

Interesting, that point regarding warranty seems to be introduced recently. I followed WW best practice of glueing tubulars using Mastik One.

MikeyBE

by MikeyBE

robrud wrote:Interesting, that point regarding warranty seems to be introduced recently. I followed WW best practice of glueing tubulars using Mastik One.

Care to post a pic of your wheels on your bike [emoji1]?

Sent from my 6039Y using Tapatalk