Token C28 Arsenal Clincher (claimed weight 1,210grams) Test?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Has anyone experience with the Token C28 Carbon Clinchers?
They are compelling at only $CAD 1,300 for a rather light clincher.
Is the cited weight true? Is it a quality product etc.? Do they ride well?

Considering picking up a set for my F8.

CEVelo

by CEVelo

Bump. Anyone know anything about these wheels? Very little online about them. Found two reviews. Both positive. Also found a website claiming the weight is more like 1,410 which is why I pause a little before just ordering a set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tnkn

by tnkn

Not sure about the C28's but I have the full carbon clincher C55's. Weight is without rim tape and skewers.

The C55's come in with tape at about 1600g rather than the 1448g quoted on various websites.

Quixote

by Quixote

I bit the bullet and got them. I am a little disappointed. First of all, the weight is confirmed from Token at 1310g. Not bad, but not as advertised.

"To reduce the over-heat issues, we have done a lot of work, including using better resin and use more fiber. Eventually we have much better performance but at the meantime, there is also weight penalty.
We updated it from 2016 catalogue and our website is also going to update recently with totally new format. But I should also update you about this modification."

I can confirm that braking is much better in both wet and dry compared to an older set of Reynolds Attacks I had.

Secondly, the hub on my set arrived with very little to no freehub lubrication. The pawls and hub shell showed signs of corrosion!

To Token's credit, they are replacing the rear wheel.

montrachet

by montrachet

Just received some. 1412g on the scale with rim tape. WTF?
Are we meant to exclude the rim tape and hub body to come in at their claimed weight?

Haven't used them and can send them back. Can anyone comment on their performance?