Strada ALPINE ATTACK wheel set.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

merlinxlm

by merlinxlm

I'm thinking of upgrading to these wheels, Strada ALPINE ATTACK. Currently I have a set of Shimano RS81 C24's. I'll be keeping these as my everday set and use the Strada' for hill climbing. Any reviews or personal experience with these wheels appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

how light are these thing's and other details please. RS81 c24 are pretty light already so saving weight is not going to make much difference if any.

Malcolm

ross

by ross

http://www.stradawheels.co.uk/product/alpine-attack/

1358g claimed, looks quite a sensible build, good value i'd say

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Ryde pulse sprint rims are good rims. I build with them never had any issues. I know you can build lighter though. The ryde pulse comp rim though is not tubeless compatible like ryde claim no tubeless tyre even fits let alone seal I have tried. Tyres are a very tough mount. I hardly even the use the pulse comp rim now. As for the ryde pulse sprint the only tyre that fits fairly easily is the Conti GP4000s eveything else I have tried is really tight. Still the weight saving of RS81 c24 is hardly going to make hill climbing any quicker. they save what 200g you could sweat that out on a long climb.

so if you want wheels for hills get something that weighs 1000g that is a weight difference you will notice in climbing times (not much either but at least it will be there).

Marin

by Marin

1000g means tubulars though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

yes tubulars want wrong with that. I train on tubs without issue. If you want to save weight do it properly not some half baked effort saving 200g or so.

StradaJon
in the industry

by StradaJon

Hello - this is Jonathan from Strada. We like this combination alot and it has sold well. The weight is pretty accurate and the Aivee hub allows good spoke tension. Yes you can go lighter with a tubular but we wanted an "all summer" clincher wheel. We don't recommend running them tubeless and I'm unaware of any complaints about tyre tightness but we recommend GP4000s II anyway. Of course we can build wheels sub 900g for hill climbing but it depends on your weight and your budget of course.
Strada Hand Built Wheels
http://www.stradawheels.co.uk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com