Extralite Cyberfront SP

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Reading Zak S and Matt Wikstrom's article on Cyclingtips reminded me - I have a set of prebuilt AX wheels with these hubs. The front flange is so wide set and large it fouls the fork dropout, slightly on one of my bikes and critically on the other to the extent that the wheels will not fit.

Has anyone encountered this issue and what did they do? Is there a solution? New endcaps or axle washers? It is a bit of a design oversight, IMHO, for such a beautifully engineered hubset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Zak S here.. Had this problem with an old style fork on a new bike.. Columbus forks I think..
Solution was an ENVE fork. Really modern hubs need a modern fork you could space it but.. Not an ideal work around

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Cheers.... happens on a recent-ish OEM carbon fork (Boardman) and a Columbus Minimal. Have to admit I took a file to the Minimal to gain the 0.5mm I need, hope I don't live to regret that!
I guess I bought Extralite because I wanted something that was optimised to within an inch of it's life and that's what I got. However bringing the flanges inboard by 1mm/side would make no discernable difference to the ride.... I wish I had known about the issue before I shelled out.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

I have an Extralite UltraFront SPM (which is the same dimensions as the CyberFront SP)

I have used it on a Cannondale SuperSix Evo 2012 and 2014, with no issue.