campagnolo hyperon ultra two clincher spoke problem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hm123

by hm123

hello
i have a campagnolo hyperon ultra two clincher 2013 every few months one spoke broken

i dont know what to do i exchanged several times
does anyone know the problem
thank you
harel

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sharkman

by sharkman

After the first spoke broke did you release the tension on all the spokes and after installing the broken one put all the spoker at the advised tension?
Replacing just one spoke is cheaper but will result in continuous spoke problems

hm123

by hm123

hello to you
just one

em3

by em3

Need more info. Are these new wheels? How much do u weigh? Front or rear wheel, driveside/non-driveside? Who replaced broken spokes and what tools were used (e g tension meter)? EM3

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, hard to say what's going on with the info available. Is it the same spoke that's breaking all the time? If they are new wheels perhaps there's an issue with the angle of exit from the rim being a bit off putting a lot of stress on the spoke. Was the wheel ridden after breaking the spoke? I made the mistake once of continuing to ride a 36 spoke rear touring wheel for quite a while after breaking one spoke on a tour. With 36 spokes I didn't even notice it at first and continued riding until a couple weeks later I noticed the wheel was getting out of true, and only then did I notice the broke spoke. Replaced the single broken spoke but the very next day popped two more. Whole wheel needed to be rebuilt with new spokes because the other spokes got too fatigued while I was riding with the broken spoke.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hm123

by hm123

hello to you
the rear wheel its in the driveside
its not the same spoke every time
i replaced it in bike shop trust
the wheelset is new
my wight is 80kilo