DT swiss R 460 road rim

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kavitator

by kavitator

how is this rim compare to Archetype or Pacenti?
stiffness, max tesnion, braking?

thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rmerka

by rmerka

I built up a set of these 28/28 with White T11 hubs, silver hubs/spokes/nipples. There actually very nice wheels. I can really discern no difference between my Pacenti SL23 and the DT Swiss wheels other than the sound of the hubs.

ImageImage

NovemberDave

by NovemberDave

I built a couple of sets today, along with several sets with Pacenti SL23v2. So far, my impression is that the DT is a really nice rim. It is about 50g/rim heavier than the new SL23s, and is shallower and slightly narrower, which gives it the feel of being stout (even though this is Weight Weenies, I mean that in a positive way). It's very stable to build, handles spoke tension well (I've only taken one up to 125kgf drive side), and is rather round. I also love the way they look.

After putting some miles on our initial test set, I sent them off with a Cat 2 friend to go race New England Crit Week on. He liked them quite a bit, and he hit some potholes at high speed that he was sure would kill them but they're still true and in good shape.

We haven't got the depth of experience with these that we do with some of the Stan's rims and the SL23s, but thus far it sort of escapes me how this rim hasn't enjoyed more popularity. As soon as I can spare some bandwidth I am going to build myself a set to finish out the road season.

The only thing I would not recommend them for at this point is tubeless cross. The fit is just a bit loose. Road tubeless works great.

kavitator

by kavitator

thanks - shape is really nice also weight.

smokva

by smokva

I have a set of R460 rims on Record hubs. After some 1000km they have been flawless. It's hard to beat the price of €30 per rim. I don't see a single reason to pay multiple amount of money for HED or Archetypes.
I must note, this is coming from someone having terrible experience with DT RR415 rims in the past.
Anyway, R460...so far thumbs up, if it stays like that will stash few rims just for the case.

stormur

by stormur

Then take in one hand DT460 , in 2nd HED Belgium, and you will see the difference ;) don't even compare these 2. Different league. DT460 is not even close to be close to HED.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The r460 rim is 4G it has similar stiffness to the archetype due to the rounded shape versus the very shape of the archetype. The pacenti rim is wider and lighter. Tyre profile on the pacenti is different and improved. The hed belgium+ rim is stiffer rounder and looks perfect. For a cheap rim the re 60 is very good however just like hi Fi paying more does buy advantages but the law of diminishing returns applies.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com