Enve 4.5 tyre choices

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stueys

by Stueys

Recently got a set of 4.5's, which I'm really pleased with. I'm currently running 23 conti 4k's on both front and back, but given the width of the front rim, I'm thinking that 25 front and 23 back would be a better combination. Enve advise 23 on both but the rim is wider than the front tyre when fitted, it doesn't look like a clean flow to my eye.

Any thoughts or advice?

kode54

by kode54

i have 25mm tires Schwalbe One's fitted on...but having clearance problems with the fork when its wet out and the tire picks up a few small rock chips...i can hear it it the top of my fork. i have to go down to 23mm tires just in the front. the back looks to be okay. i don't have the issue that the rim is wider that tire with the 25mm...but will put 23mm on soon.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Enve recommend 23 or 25 for those wheels. Looking at the Q&A on their site they only seem to be advising 23 instead of 25 for people who's bikes won't fit 25...

Stueys

by Stueys

Interesting. Do you have a link to the q&a? I couldn't see on their website. Thanks

jlok

by jlok

Stueys wrote:Interesting. Do you have a link to the q&a? I couldn't see on their website. Thanks

https://enve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ad-Wheels-
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Denavelo

by Denavelo

Having a 23c on that SES system rim was by design. They say you reap the aero benefits from the 23c tires. Me personally, I just don't like the feel and look of more carbon exposed that tire. Dive deep into a turn and carbon is exposed more so than tire. I would run a 25c just to be satisfied.

I have a set of 4.5 Tubular tires coming and I'm going to run 25 Veloflex Roubaix tires. Tubular tires don't plump up like a clincher though, so I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.
Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

ichobi

by ichobi

Good wheels should go with good tires. If you want pure speed the Spe Turbo Cotton is one of the fastest in the market now but not durable. Mine last for 2000 km. Another good fast and durableoption is Vittoria corsa (graphene). Feel is better than Spe and seems a lot more durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sd5500

by sd5500

26mm Spe Turbo cottons on my 4.5 clinchers.