Topolino Freehub help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

lov2bugu

by lov2bugu

Hi,

I have the CTR2.0 / CX2.0: Topolino profile, 20mm deep x 19mm wide, heat treated aluminum... however it's a compy, and i already purchased ultegra 6800 group, i would like to make it shimano and i cant get a hold of topolino to help, or from what i read they pulled out of the market before the shimano 11 speed...

what can i do? how can i choose the right freehub? i would want a freehub that makes it 11 speed shimano cassette compatible.... i have read almost everything, i need someone that has expeience with sitching freehubs around.

the axle seems to be 12mm, and it seems there is a relationship between topolino and easton, would the easton r4 freehub work? i also found on Bikes hub store a free hub that i think looks similar but with 6 pillars instead of double 3 pillars, and i have zero knowledge in this stuff....

you can go to this page to see how the actual freehub on the wheel look like http://www.topolinotech.com/technology/hub.php perhaps that helps.

so please i need your help in easy english terms... :)

rmerka

by rmerka

Totally unfamiliar with these wheels but my take from their product sheet is they don't make a Shimano/SRAM 11 speed freehub. However many have reported that you can use a Campy 11 speed cassette with no issues with a 6800 rear derailleur. That might be your best bet.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lov2bugu

by lov2bugu

i found on ebay that they offered a 10 speed freehub for shimano, it's just the cost, now i have to buy record cassette when i just bought a durace cassette thinking the freehub is a piece of cake to chage, boy was i wrong...

i probably would sell them on ebay instead and get a dura ace wheels and call it a day.... but i still think someone will have a magical answer :)

rmerka

by rmerka

Sell or return the Dura-ace cassette and get a Chorus 11-speed? might save a few bucks...

lov2bugu

by lov2bugu

yeah... but the dura ace is lighter.... i only cared about the rotational weight to be light... thats why i cared about the the wheels, cassete and a little on the rankcase.... this kills the point for me..... i am going to sell the extra beatifull well made topolinos and go for the the dura ace, i got the set for $500 any way, i dont think i will loose that much money on them....

Yet i am still hoping for someone to say, this free hubs will fit...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lov2bugu

by lov2bugu

I put it on sale on eBay, no one is able to figure out the hub thingy