New wheelset, what to go get?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

faken

by faken

Hi there!

Been reading the forums for a while now, so thought it would be time to create an account of my own.

So I just got my new bike, a Cannondale SuperSix Evo Ultegrea DI2, and I want to spend around +/- 1500$ on a new wheelset. But im having a hard time deciding what to get.

Im mainly looking for a high profile wheelset.

Been looking at the Reynolds 46/66, and the Mavic Cosmic Carbone 40 C, and they both look like decent wheelsets, tho im unsure what to go for!
I ride alone quite alot, and it's a mix of hills and flat terrain.

Does anyone have any experience with the above wheelsets? If so I would love to hear about them, or if you have another suggestion feel free to post! :)

Regards
Kris

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

Zipp 404 Firecrests
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I just sold my Cosmic Carbone 40C and bought 404 firecrest. I know they are a bit more expensive. But the quality is so much better i think and if anything breaks you can change it with other parts and so on. But i actually got nothing bad to say about the 40C's.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

It would actually think you should go for the 303, when you ride hilly also.

faken

by faken

Thanks for the answers. :) I would love to go for the Zipp 303 / 404, it's just that they're slightly out of my budget! I really don't wanna pay more than 1500-1800 $ for a pair of wheels! Also been looking at a pair of wheels from Black inc! They've gotten some good reviews atleast, so that might be an option! :)

But I could ofcourse try and find a pair of used Zipp's! I just prefer to get em brand new tho! ;)

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Corima ?

faken

by faken

I actually haven't heard of Corima! You got a link maybe? :)

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

A set of non-XLR Fulcrum RS 35mm would be in that price range I guess, Fulcrum version of the Boras 35mm.

faken

by faken

Those Corima wheels seems kinda expensive, atleast from what I can tell. Gonna take a look at those Fulcrum wheels you've mentioned!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dunbar42

by dunbar42

Keep an eye on probikekit.com. I saw a set of new 404's for $1850 a week or two ago (I paid $1950 for mine.) You need to check frequently as the deals come and go depending on their stock.