New Pacenti SL23 - 408-417g

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Do you think the narrow rim brake track is maybe one of those "whoopsies" that happened in the design or manufacturing stage? I don't know, but I'm looking for some good alloy rims at the moment and was going to check these out. But that's definitely a negative. A big part of what I think makes a good component is how nice it plays with the components it interacts with.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

They aren't the first. Kinlin XR270 and Hed C2 rims have a similarly narrow track. I've heard Velocity A23s are right there also, but the older ones I have are a bit wider.

I think it is an undesirable feature, but it isn't unprecedented. And particularly for rim that is trying to pare down weight to the minimum, it makes some sense.
formerly rruff...

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The brake track height will not be an issue, never had an issue on rims like hed with this brake track height.