Modding Alchemy ORCs to run 11sp

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

drmutley

by drmutley

Hi all,
Anyone successfully mod the 10sp version of Alchemy ORCs to run a 11sp cassettes? Some googling reveals some reports of reaming back the freehub splines 2mm or so similar to the DuraAce mod... Anyone have any success stories? Or is it as BS due to the centre to right spacing being too much?

Cheers
Harry

ergott

by ergott

I doubt there is room. If you look at their Shimano version the center to right is 19.6mm. He didn't leave room for that kind of mod because that would have meant it wasn't optimized for 10 speed. You will have better luck sourcing a Campagnolo version and running Campy 11 cassette (I do this) or contacting them and asking for a Shimano 11 cassette carrier. I thought they were making them off the top of my head. Would have to confirm this. Rim would have to be recentered.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drmutley

by drmutley

Thanks ergott... I didn't think they were making a 11sp cassette carrier for the ORCs... If they are I'll gon in that direction and try and source one, as the swap & redishing the wheel will be easier...

basilic

by basilic

this the old Orc hub?
It can be retrofitted to 11 speed, shimano, certainly by Alchemy.
In France Adrien Gontier (RAR wheels) can do it.
Not cheap.

drmutley

by drmutley

Ahhh I'm guessing being in Australia, nothing will be a chesp option except throwing it and replacing it with an 11sp R45 [emoji106]