Bora Ultra 35mm or Bora Ultra 50mm - clinchers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timujin

by Timujin

Hi All,

Does anyone have the experience of riding both (tub or clincher) to give me a insight please?

I have a set of bora one tubulars but want to upgrade (winter wheelset neutrons)

Thanks,

Timujin

by Timujin

Anyone?? Thanks...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

meeRoad

by meeRoad

What is your weight?
S-Works Tarmac SL6
Colnago C59
Canyon Ultimate
CAAD 10

Timujin

by Timujin

Range fr0m 78-81kg

meeRoad

by meeRoad

my recommendation would be Bora Ultra 50s - they are great all around wheel and have really nice ride. Also you already have a nice climbing wheels in your Hyperion. You can check my comments on Bora Ultra 50 here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=127504&start=45#p1136655
S-Works Tarmac SL6
Colnago C59
Canyon Ultimate
CAAD 10

Timujin

by Timujin

I dont have Hyperon's but these could be an option, currently my training wheelset is the Neutron... I have the older (bought in 2012) bora one tubular 50.. but with clinchers coming a long way in terms of performance the question i asked myself was clincher 50s for summer riding/racing.. or keep the tubulars for racing and get the 35mm clinchers for day to day dry weather riding..

Thanks for the link, will read it later.

fogman

by fogman

@Timujin. I have the new Bora One 50 tubulars for race day. I am also getting the Bora One 35 clincher for training mainly because the rims are the same width so I won't have to adjust brakes or change pads between wheel changes. I just hope they are stiff enough.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timujin

by Timujin

fogman wrote:@Timujin. I have the new Bora One 50 tubulars for race day. I am also getting the Bora One 35 clincher for training mainly because the rims are the same width so I won't have to adjust brakes or change pads between wheel changes. I just hope they are stiff enough.

Thanks Fogman. Its a toughie as parting with £1400 i need to make the correct decision. My Bora One 50's have very little use so that was the reason for the clincher dilemma... but for us, the weather is always nice from April to October (no rain - south of spain)... so the 50 or 35mm dilemma came into it.. as wind doesnt really affect me much