Campagnolo Neutron Ultra ... for Clydesdales ...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kupepe

by Kupepe

Hello,

I am looking for a new wheelset, since my Racing 5s don't feel good to me. Wheelset is going in a 1978 Colnago Super with modern Campy/3T components.

Dont really like the G3 of Zonda's - Eurus ... too modern for a bike like that.

I would like some feedback on the Campy's Neutron Ultras from people who are on my size : 1.92 88-90 kilos.

Intended use: Audaxes and Weekend Club Rides.

Thanx you

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Neutron is one of the thoughest wheel, if not the thoughest, except an overbuilt Het Belgium + with 32 fat spokes or that kind of overkilled wheels

Not a slight hesitation

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I'm the same height and weight and have 2 sets of Neutrons. No problems at all. Very tough wheels that have stayed incredibly true. Also comfortable and have Campy's classic "oversize" hub internals.

On a frame with a very tight chainstay shape like BMC I encountered the offset left spokes brushing the chainstay, but this is the only frame where I've seen this problem.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

PJCM

by PJCM

My brother in law is 110kg and has been using Neutron Ultras as training wheels for several years with no problems. He has cracked rim eyelets on various others incl. Zonda and Ambrosio Excellence.

Remarkable wheels IMHO.

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I wish I could say the same, I purchased a set of Neutron Ultras and had nothing but spoke issues. I weigh 92-95 k and have broken rear drive side spokes 2x, a non drive side once and 2 front spokes. Each time I replaced the spoke with a campagnolo spoke and had the work done by authorized service shops, The last time I had them re lace the rear wheel with all new spokes under warranty..

Pugrot

by Pugrot

For me I have broken lots of wheels but now have around 24,000km on neutron ultras with my weight going from 110kg down to current 90kg, I race, commute, jump off kerbs, go up and down hills all without skipping a beat, although I have greased the bearings every 10,000km.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Harmitc

by Harmitc

I've ridden them for years in almost all their various incarnations and evolutions. Never had a single problem. A great all round wheel.