Hub choice for Enve Road Disc build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

I'm going to build up a set of road disc wheels for sram/shimano 11 speed. I already have a pair of Enve 3.4 SES disc rims (24 hole front and rear), but am having trouble deciding on what hubs to use. I want something light, but also reliable, with 6 bolt rotor mounts and QR. Nice ano color choices is a bonus too. The options I'm considering right now are Tune King/Kong (116/205g) and IndustryNine classic (125/245g). I haven't found any other options where I'm not gaining 100+g on the pair. Am I missing something? The CarbonTi X-hub road disc hubs look nice but only come in 28H. Extralite are so crazy light that they scare me off, but should I consider them?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I've had my extralite for a little while now.. HYPEREAR... so far so good... yes crazy light.. not loud too which is a plus.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jengaback

by Jengaback

Have a look at dt Swiss 180s. The pair weighs only 307g and being dt Swiss they are ultra high quality and readily serviceable. The only draw back is that they are Centrelock only. Although adaptors are relatively cheap and light.

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

The DT 180 are a good weight, but price-wise they're off the charts, and geometry-wise I think they're not great (smaller than necessary center-to-flange distances on the rear hub, small flanges, etc). By the time one adds in centerlock adapters, the weight is comparable to the I9s I'm considering.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

In my view the DT Swiss 240 is the best disc brake hub bar none good balance of everything with bias toward reliability. All disc brake hubs have poor centre flange distance on the Nds it is always around 34mm. White industries me 6 hubs are pretty good too.

dwaharvey

by dwaharvey

The DT 240 are a consideration, but they're just such an uninspiring/boring choice. I did some further research into the DT 180 and was put off by what I read about them on the Fairwheel bikes hub review: https://fairwheelbikes.com/c/reviews-an ... ub-review/
Both Madcow and Ron are pretty down on it in comparison to the Tune for example, and the cost is much higher. Have to say, I'm really leaning towards Tune at this point, especially after reading what the FWB guys had to say about the 170 road version.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com