Enve 3.4 or Campag Bora Ultra 35?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hazza

by Hazza

So I'm on a Dogma 2 with mechanical super record and Shamel Ultra clinchers. Really love it. Am training for a big ride over 7 days. Will be a great achievement to get through the training and get to the start line. I want to treat myself with a new set of wheels. Ride will be 1200k's over 7 days with group of about 80. Very keen on the Bora Ultra 35's - would be nice complement to the Shamel Ultra's. But the more I read about the Enve 3.4's the better they sound.

I want the wheel set to be stiff, stiff, light and durable. Not concerned about the price difference. Keen to hear opinions. If you favour the Enve's what hub do you recommend?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fogman

by fogman

I ride a Dogma 65.1 with Campy SR mechanical and Shamal Ultra clinchers. I am considering the Bora One 35, mainly to keep everything Italian. Not sure if I would go tubular or clincher. Is the Bora Ultra 35 worth the extra cash over the Bora One 35?
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

kgt

by kgt

IMHO Bora one are fine. You don't necessarily need carbon hubs with cult bearings.

random101

by random101

Enve's are the best wheels you can get. Best carbon braking surface.

Go the enve's! You won't regret the quality

Balti

by Balti

Bora van muy finas y el precio de las Enve es demasiado caro.
Las dos seguro que ruedan de maravilla
Last edited by Frankie - B on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please only post in English on the Weight Weenies website. The forum is international and a lot of people don’t understand a word from what you have written.

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

I'm running Bora One 35's at the minute, tubular with the dark label graphics. Very nice wheels, great looking & great braking in the dry using the red campag pads. Wet isn't so great but that's carbon wheels for you. Also very stiff and more than capable of handling my 95kgs with no issues.

I am looking at selling them as it happens so if you're UK based, please drop me a line if you're interested.

Timujin

by Timujin

IamnotWiggins wrote:I'm running Bora One 35's at the minute, tubular with the dark label graphics. Very nice wheels, great looking & great braking in the dry using the red campag pads. Wet isn't so great but that's carbon wheels for you. Also very stiff and more than capable of handling my 95kgs with no issues.

I am looking at selling them as it happens so if you're UK based, please drop me a line if you're interested.

reason for sale?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HanSolPark

by HanSolPark

Bora Ultra is good wheels but if I can choice, Im gonna pick Enve3.4 with DT240 hub.