Veloflex tread direction requires label non-drive side..

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

n808

by n808

Last year I bought a pair of Veloflex Corsa 23's which I have been very happy with. Now it's time to replace them, and I got a pair of 25's instead.

The minor issue I have is that the label vs tread direction is opposite what I am used to and the older 23's. To get the rotation direction to match the arrow and the tread pattern, the tire has to be mounted with the label non-drive side. The tread pattern is marginally directional on the sides, and likely makes no difference whatsoever. But it still annoys me I have to mount the label NDS to get it right... (yes, I know it makes absolutely zero difference which side the label is on for any other purpose than aesthetics)
(2012/2014) Scott Addict R1, SRAM Red 6.6kg | 2012 Scott Scale Pro, SRAM X0, 9.4kg

Marin

by Marin

Mount it the other way round then, tread on road bike tires is just for show anyway.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

n808 wrote: But it still annoys me I have to mount the label NDS to get it right...

I like your style. Very Scandanavian, I must say.

Pugrot

by Pugrot

Yes upset me a bit as well, such a dilemma to either live with the tread or the label the wrong way, so my compromise is do the front with tread correct and rear with the label correct.

3 rear punctures last week though so maybe I need to turn it around. :noidea:

Can't believe this is an actual thread.

n808

by n808

I apologize for making you read this pointless thread about tread direction... Despite being Scandinavian, I don't much like long rides on cold weather, so I guess I had nothing better to do than ponder why Veloflex decided to change the side they printed the label on :) Co-incidentally, and also of no importance whatsoever, I ended up with rear and front tires opposite, but that was just an accident before I realized the monumental mistake I had just made.
(2012/2014) Scott Addict R1, SRAM Red 6.6kg | 2012 Scott Scale Pro, SRAM X0, 9.4kg

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

n808, turn your front wheel around (remove and reinstall QR , ha ha). Rear and front tire opposition crisis averted.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

But then the hub lettering will not be right. Again crisis not gone.

by 11.4

Tell everyone you're a trackie. On the track you put the labels on the non-drive side because on some track surfaces you can slip on the label and don't want it touching the track surface.

Svetty

by Svetty

Switch brand of tyre - vittorias?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

I guess I mounted mine the wrong way as well. Rolls fine. Yeah, I saw how the angle of the "tread" goes the opposite way, didn't like how normally, well, with Vittoria, it should be on the DS...so just left it...I could turn the wheel around as well as another poster mentioned, don't care that the Tune 70 hub label is turned 180d personally..haha..

I've had no issues though with it and just stuck with the vittoria way.