Best Tire Size For 17C Rim

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

Hi everyone.

I have a set of Token C28A wheelset. The set has Kinlin XC279 rims.
17mm inside and 23mm wide outside.

Recently I changed my tires on my road bike from 24C (25 measured) Continental GrandPrix PolyX to 25C (28 measured) Michelin Pro4 Service Courses.

The real reason I bought the tires was doing some climbs on unpaved roads. But since I bought them I wanted to try on my weekend rides.
Ride is really nice, much more comfortable and feels safer on descents. But I realized that my ride is effected more on winds.
Some points, it feels like I tap the brakes for a sec when the wind direction is changed. It is a different feeling than my old tires. Definitely not usual.

I believe it is because the bubble shaped tire on my rims. They cause more turbulence on rim and effecting the ride.

So now I am planning to buy second set of tires for my regular rides. 23mm tires will be a bit wider than 23mm. I believe 22mm will give the best shape. But then, I am worried that ride will be too harsh...

So I wonder if there is anyone here felt the same effect on wider tires. Also if there is any tire recommendation for me.
I weight 64kg after a good dinner and 182cm tall. Definitely skinny.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com