Post-bedding-in adjustments required for Chris King hubs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

OhPinchy

by OhPinchy

I got a set of handbuilt 50mm carbon rims on Chris King hubs with ceramic bearings from wheelsmith.co.uk last year. Running them on Veloflex 25mm Arenberg tubs and love the ride quality. I lost the instructions sheet that came with them at the time and recall there was some advice about tightening the hubs after a bedding-in period but I can't recall if it was optional or recommended.

I'm not noticing any issues, ride quality is great, when freewheeling, even in the bunch in races, I seems to roll faster than others, and though the sound from the hubs is loud, I think that's by design and it sounds fine to me.

So, I just wanted to check if there's some tightening I should have done or should do now that might improve things further or lengthen the life of the hubs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I was told by my wheel builder to look for any play during the new period. If no play ride them. She did mention that they might need to come in for a lube job if they are ridden in the rain lots. 3k and still and not a wobble...
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

ergott

by ergott

All the Chris King literature is on their website including videos. They have great support on their site. It's best to read straight from the source.
https://chrisking.com/tech

Hope that helps you.

OhPinchy

by OhPinchy

ergott wrote:All the Chris King literature is on their website including videos. They have great support on their site. It's best to read straight from the source.
https://chrisking.com/tech

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for that, will give it a look.

Simman

by Simman

Hi, new here and watched the video twice but still unable to fix the bedding, here in Brisbane, Australia I am not getting a good person to help me right now. Any help!!!
Hey! I am in love Billy's Beds got at wholesale prices in Australia.

wingguy

by wingguy

What is the problem you have, and what are you doing that isn't working?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com