Help- 11 speed ultegra cassette will not fit 11 speed hub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chazmtb

by chazmtb

I have a RAR9 bitex rear hub. I just got a new 11 speed ultegra cassette but the final 11s cog will not fit into the spline and hence not fit the cassette. Am I doing something wrong? The bitex hub only comes in 10/11 speed.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

The older RAR9 Bitex hubs are not 11 speed compatible. I investigated this for a mate last month; the bummer with all this is that the upgrade freebody will not fit the older RAR9 hubs, so you just need to get a new hub.

That is if your hub is actually the older RAR9, and you are not just being a spaz with assembly.

I spoke to Bitex about this directly on Skype, and they were very helpful and fast about handing out the info, despite not giving me the answer I wanted.
Last edited by TheDarkInstall on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Thanks Dark.

It looks like a 10 speed freehub body. I ordered a 11 speed just to hope it will fit. Crossing my fingers.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

No need for guess work. Hit them up on Skype and get a precise answer.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Any idea how i can tell which bitex hub model I am riding? I have just put a new freehub on my farsports wheels and whilst I have managed to get the lock ring on the spacing is really tight.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Just go through the Road Hubs section here, and match it to the one that you have. Using your eyes.

http://www.bitexhubs.com/htm/products.php

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chazmtb

by chazmtb

The hubs were 10 speed. I bought an 11 speed hub from bikehubstore. Fast shipping and it worked. Guess light bicycle gave me 10 speed wheel instead of the 11 I ordered.