"New" sram hydro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Teletori

by Teletori

"slightly taller profile"

As it was not tall already ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Hmmm.....taller? I'd have to see it in person, but I think the new Shimano hydro/mechanical levers have the upper hand on this one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JensW

by JensW

have the "old" one, and yes it´s tal, buy you get used to it. but don't se how it could be even taler :D

about the shamans, i personally think they look smaller in pictures, but in url, they are big to

derek

by derek

That thing is huge.

trilocus

by trilocus

i don't like it

hasbeen

by hasbeen

derek wrote:That thing is huge.

Thats what she s...oh nevermind
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

tinozee

by tinozee

So where is the hydro/electric group? Or is that yet another iteration we'll have to wait for? Sram should have waited on all this stuff, I don't trust that brand anymore.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I don't see what the issue is with them releasing Hydro now, and their electric components later. SRAM suffered a very public black eye by releasing their Hydro offering before it was ready. They have to remedy that for the hundreds (maybe thousands) of consumers who dropped money on the equipment, and haven't had the ability to use it (or had to settle for "inferior" mechanical brakes, while waiting for their new parts to arrive). On the otherhand, SRAM isn't ready to release their electrical group yet. They're testing it (but notice how it's going on a development squad's bikes - if it messes up, who cares, they're just kids racing in an adult's sport), but it doesn't appear ready for prime time.

SRAM's electrical offerings are at least six months off. So the question becomes: do they hold off their Hydro brakes for six months, unnecessarily, and keep the spectre of their very public failure in the press until then, or release it for those who bought MECHANICAL SRAM Red with Hydro brakes, and then offer a Hydro version of their electric group in 6 months, when they're finally ready to take their product to market? I think they're doing the right thing: correct their previous mistake, before offering new components.

JensW

by JensW

some people here talks about the drawback of al 2013 hydro brakes as a fault in the construction, when the biggest problem they had was more of a production problem and lack of quality control.

vdrey

by vdrey

FIJIGabe wrote:I don't see what the issue is with them releasing Hydro now, and their electric components later. SRAM suffered a very public black eye by releasing their Hydro offering before it was ready. They have to remedy that for the hundreds (maybe thousands) of consumers who dropped money on the equipment, and haven't had the ability to use it (or had to settle for "inferior" mechanical brakes, while waiting for their new parts to arrive). On the otherhand, SRAM isn't ready to release their electrical group yet. They're testing it (but notice how it's going on a development squad's bikes - if it messes up, who cares, they're just kids racing in an adult's sport), but it doesn't appear ready for prime time.

SRAM's electrical offerings are at least six months off. So the question becomes: do they hold off their Hydro brakes for six months, unnecessarily, and keep the spectre of their very public failure in the press until then, or release it for those who bought MECHANICAL SRAM Red with Hydro brakes, and then offer a Hydro version of their electric group in 6 months, when they're finally ready to take their product to market? I think they're doing the right thing: correct their previous mistake, before offering new components.

The electrical system has been spotted on Trek Factory bikes as well.

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Latest-Ne ... train.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ergott

by ergott

Not a lot of room there between the tire and battery. What about clearance for cyclocross/fenders/etc?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I wish I could see that from an overhead angle....I wonder if it is simply an illusion. Surely, by the time it is ready for production there will be significantly less bulk and forethought given to larger tires, etc. I think it is a bit early to pass judgement.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

vdrey wrote:The electrical system has been spotted on Trek Factory bikes as well.

http://www.roadbikeaction.com/Latest-Ne ... train.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TFR rides Shimano. I think Shimano would be very unhappy to see their sponsored team using a competitor's groupset. Those are Bissell Development Team (formerly Bontrager U23) bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

ergott wrote:
Not a lot of room there between the tire and battery. What about clearance for cyclocross/fenders/etc?

The first spy shots of the group were from the Illinois State CX champs so I don't think clearance will be an issue.