Show us your punchtures and say a bit about it

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zoro

by Zoro

I didn't see this thread, so here goes. Post a picture of your punctures and any comments. Comment on how you repaired it / or not and any other info.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zoro

by Zoro

One of the safety pins used for race numbers went all the way through.

There was a crash about 2 hours before. Race went another 5K on this an it was not leaking.

I tried Vittoria PitStop and it worked at about 90psi. then I pumped up to 130psi and it started bubbling the casing. I believe the pin went through both side of the tube. I will send out for tube replacement.

kevhogaz

by kevhogaz

Brand new Veloflex Arenbergs. Less than 100 miles on the tires. These replaced some Schwalbe tubulars, that I ran over a razor blade on.

10 miles in to a 60 mile climbing ride, I get this. Not sure how it went through sideways, but it did. This was the end of my use of tubulars on crappy Phoenix streets!!

Zoro

by Zoro

In a real bad kind of way, that makes me feel better.

Somehow - feels like most the flats would have happened on anything. I guess an armor ribbon under the tread might have prevented some of these, but is it worth it?

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Decided to try a Schwalbe Durano Plus after a few flats with my Veloflex Corsas. Also run a Panaracer Kevlar ribbon inside. No flats on the Schwalbe in just under 2000km. They're heavy and slow rolling (squishy too) - quite squared off but I'm a heavy rider.

Will provide feedback when I'm back onto the Veloflex (but this time running the Kevlar puncture belting/liner).