Vittoria Corsa Evo CX II Team Prototype

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HillRPete

by HillRPete

I'm seeing the 23mm Vittoria Corsa Evo CX II Team Prototype being offered at good discounts. Really tempted to try it for hillclimbs and maybe the odd group ride when people bring out the good gear.

Lots of info about the regular CX available, but does anyone know what sets the Team Prototype apart? It has the black centre tread, tan casing and 23mm. Maybe just an earlier production run of the now regular (non "Evo") CX?

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Be aware that this model comes with the 3D Compound and not the much improved Isogrip.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Thanks fdegrove. Luckily the 23mm SC is offered at the same price. Might be the better choice then, although I had planned to use it only in dry conditions.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Up to you then. :lol:
Where I do most of my riding these are pretty much useless anyway (too many flints, silex and such which these tyres seem to attract like magnets) so I can't really compare all the latest versions.

Of course, I can see the attraction of the "Prototype" logo.... :mrgreen:

Ciao, ;)

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Ok, I have clean smooth roads and long climbs at my disposal. But you have cobbles, and your fries are better.

Appeal of the CX is the low rolling resistance. (Although it seems not to do well on all tests) Wondering how much the SC is giving up to the CX in that regard.

PS: spot on about the lure of the proto.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Appeal of the CX is the low rolling resistance. (Although it seems not to do well on all tests) Wondering how much the SC is giving up to the CX in that regard.

Both were tested using the same test protocol?

If it were me climbing I'd opt for a set of Veloflex Servizio Corse, they're light and hard to beat when it comes to RR. Regardless of what some test results show as they're often thrown in a test that's not to their advantage: too low tyre pressure and too low load.
A bit like comparing our french fries to MC's.... :lol:

Ciao, ;)