The 'hub help' thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sanrensho

by sanrensho

With the Circus Monkey, just make sure you can buy a replacement freehub if it goes tits up down the line. Not that it will happen, but I suspect that it will be easier to source a replacement Novatec freehub.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

I'm shure I saw this somewhere in here, but can't find it... :oops:

Can I use standard 2 mm gauge straight spokes to build a wheelset with Shimano 6700 hubs (16h-20h) ?

Louis :)

reeper250

by reeper250

sanrensho wrote:With the Circus Monkey, just make sure you can buy a replacement freehub if it goes tits up down the line. Not that it will happen, but I suspect that it will be easier to source a replacement Novatec freehub.

Is this a known issue with the Circus Monkey hubs?

thprice

by thprice

http://www.bikehubstore.com offer a few wide hubs

djay001

by djay001

that's an issue for all alu freehub body

sanrensho

by sanrensho

reeper250 wrote:
sanrensho wrote:With the Circus Monkey, just make sure you can buy a replacement freehub if it goes tits up down the line. Not that it will happen, but I suspect that it will be easier to source a replacement Novatec freehub.

Is this a known issue with the Circus Monkey hubs?

Not to my knowledge (there was one blogger I recall who reported problems). Just saying that the last thing you want to happen is have the freehub die and no source for a replacement.

The BHS hub is also a fine choice. I would definitely trust Brandon to supply freehubs for the rear hubs he carries.