Suggestions for Lightweight Disc Compatible Wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cwar

by cwar

I am looking for advice on a lightweight wheelset that is disc compatible. I have shimano disks with centerlock roters on my current stock wheels. I would like something as lightweight as possible and good for climbing. Also, I'm a small guy at 130lbs and ride on pretty decent roads. I'm fine with building up a custom wheelset and I'm willing to spend up to $1500. Also, I would prefer a rim without a brake track.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

I'm of similar weight, 124 lb. For my On One Dirty Disco which is for road use only, I went with Circus Monkey front/BHS rear hub laced to Velocity A23 rims x 28H with Lasers (1,526 grams). They have been rock solid.

Knowing what I do now and being a lightweight, I would go with Circus Monkey hubset (HDW3-R for rear, lighter than BHS), either laced to Kinlin XR-200 x 24/28H or Kinlin XR19W x 24H with Lasers.

cwar

by cwar

sanrensho wrote:I'm of similar weight, 124 lb. For my On One Dirty Disco which is for road use only, I went with Circus Monkey front/BHS rear hub laced to Velocity A23 rims x 28H with Lasers (1,526 grams). They have been rock solid.

Knowing what I do now and being a lightweight, I would go with Circus Monkey hubset (HDW3-R for rear, lighter than BHS), either laced to Kinlin XR-200 x 24/28H or Kinlin XR19W x 24H with Lasers.

Great information! Thank you!