Ryde Pulse Comp Disc -new

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have yet to do a build but my first Ryde Pulse Comp Disc rims have turned up. It is narrow 17.8mm (15mm wide internally) but quite deep 24.8mm. It is disc brake only and the 32H rims I have weight 337g (claimed is 330g). 24H and 28H rims are coming. So this is the first proper alloy disc brake only road rim on the market. I am looking forward to the first build and trying a 28 spoke build with Shimano CX-75 hubs.

As soon as I have built a pair of wheels with these I will post some photo's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kavitator

by kavitator

i saw those rims at EUROBIKE - just awsome!

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

Watching with interest. Is there a pressure limit on these? They must be thin!

Orfitinho

by Orfitinho

http://www.ryde.nl/en/high-end

Until now only available for experienced professional wheel builders (at least in europe).

Rear rims available with offset spoke pattern.

ergott

by ergott

Interesting rim I have to look into. I would like to see a little wider rim, but that's an attractive weight. Thanks for the heads up.

legs 11

by legs 11

15mm internal width? Interesting, if you get a chance I would like to see a pic of sidewall with some rubber mounted?
Pedalling Law Student.

ergott

by ergott

15mm should be similar to an Open Pro or DT 1.1.

legs 11

by legs 11

Yep, seems to be going against the tide with regards to wider internal width?
Ok, maybe not going against the tide, but certainly treading water in what seems to be becoming a fashion of wider rims. I was surprised they didn't make the rim a bit wider to cover potential further changes in the market. Just seems a bit crazy to limit the market share to me. :noidea:
Pedalling Law Student.

ergott

by ergott

I think that was done for lower weight. There is a market that want the lower weight over the wider rim. Another 25-30g and you are almost at the weight of the Stan's Alpha.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Ryde did comment they wanted to make a rim that is as light as possible. Wide is not going to be light.

I will lace these up to a set of Novatec D711/712 hubs shortly and mount some conti rubber. I am thinking Sapim D-light spokes. I will post results when done.

I am looking forward to the 24H and 28H rims arriving at the end of the month. Personally as someone still riding standard width rims I see nothing wrong with 15mm internal width rims. The rim brake version is wide (18mm internal 25mm deep) and 430g so that will be useful too. I am seeing some very nice wheels being built with these. Pancenti SL23 mover over.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well I have done my first build

Build spec Ryde Pulse comp rims 32H front and rear, Novatec D711/D712 hubs with 11 speed freehub, Sapim D-light spokes and black alloy nipples.
Front wheel weight 655g and rear wheel weight 795g. So they are very light. The rims however are not the stiffest that have ever been made. They weight 337g after all. Ryde say a weight limit of 100kg but I would say that is a risk. This build will be fine for an 80kg rider but a heavier one I am not so sure were the limits lie. As for most thing wheel, the limit will depend on riding style to a certain extent.

The rim has a very thin wall so it may not fair to well in a pot hole but it is light. Because it is so light though it is very sensitive to tension adjustments. I have not managed to get the build straighter than 0.5mm total wobble, If suppose it does not matter for a disc brake build.

The rim is 15mm internal width 17.8mm overall and 25mm deep.
I think this rim is best built with Sapim Race spokes on the rear and Sapim D-lights on the front with these hubs. The rider for these is very light so he will be fine.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

8 bar pressure limit.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Hi,
what was the ERD for these rims? On one German webshop they say ERD is 572mm, is it correct?

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

588mm I think it is only 25mm deep 572mm ERD is just not possible unless it is alot deeper.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Ok, thank's. Have to order first and then measure..