Planet X CT45 tubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Definitely going to get some tubs for the summer and interested in these as a realtively low entry point into a new, UK supplied pair of tubs; Gigantex rims I believe ( tubs are a bucketlist thing for me ) . Anyone running them or PX 50mm tubs with success? CT45s not apparent on searches....

campbellrae

by campbellrae

One of my team mates has been using the 50mm tubs for a couple of years now. He has had to replace the freehub a couple of times now, other than that he seems happy considering the price. Not the stiffest either. I think the CT45's have been released very recently, hence the lack of info.

P.S. You won't regret going to tubs, they are awesome! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

thanks mate, they will be fair weather wheels as I bash some fulcrum 7s in the winter so I hope I won't wear out more than a freehub a year! A gigantex rim is £200 a pop from the cycle clinic hence I may as well go for some PX wheels at £400 even if I end up rebuilding at some point in the future.

tweets

by tweets

http://www.planetx.co.uk/c/q/wheels/road-bike-wheels
£299 today only

oops not CT45 tho, old shape
Got notification from their Facebook page
"Today's One Day Deal - Planet X Pro Carbon 50mm Wheelset at the bargain price of £299.99 Grab them while they last"

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

nice one tweets, ordered a pair.... this will be my first foray into tubs, may as well be a cheap one and see how I get on. I owe you a beer for that intel if you're ever riding in Bristol let me know!