Vittoria Corsa with Bora 35

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RM27

by RM27

I just purchased a set of the new Bora 35 and glued up Vittoria Corsa Evo Cx II tires. The ride is beyond harsh, after only 20 miles I feel beaten up. I weigh 175 and normally run about 110 -115 PSI. For reference the Bora's replaced 2012 Mavic Ksyrium SLR Clincher's (r- Sys rear) which I thought were considered stiff wheels. I run the Ksyrium's at 110 PSI as well. Oddly the Ksyrium's feel much more comfortable and dare I say smoother. I had Vittoria's before glued to Fulcrum Racing Lights and do not recall them feeling bad. How low can I run the pressure on Vitorria (23) CX's?

Without a doubt my lap times and average speed are faster with the Bora 35's and I want to try all options before I sell the wheels.

Thought or suggestions appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

Interested in heavily discounted Bora 35 :D

You can easily go down to 90/95 psi.

RM27

by RM27

Thanks for the response. I'm going to give 95 PSI a try and see how that feels. If it's not significantly better then you just may get that "heavily discounted" Bora, although heavily is subjective...

LionelB

by LionelB

RM27 wrote: although heavily is subjective...

not really, it starts at 50% :lol:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, try a lower psi like 90-95 as Lionel suggests. Failing that, I am much closer to you than Lionel should you wish to sell them.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RM27

by RM27

I'm going to give 90-95 a shot for sure as I really would like to keep these. The troubling part for me is that my other 2 wheel sets (LW Clinchers and r sys) are considered stiff by most. I thought the Bora's would be the most comfortable of the 3.

I'll let you both know if they go up for sale. Lionel I may consider that 50% discount if you can find me some LW Ventoux's at that same discount...