Easton EC90 Aero 55, has anybody tried this?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

commfire

by commfire

Any longer term reviews of these yet?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Second call for user reviews, anyone? I'm quite interested to try these, ticks all the right boxes for me. I'm on campy but uses wheels with shimano freehub and cassette currently so that isn't a problem for me.

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

Anyone spot a tubular rim only weight? It'd be a miracle if anyone actually sold a tubular rim only option as I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to build these up on a hub of my choice. Guess I'll be going for a zipp fc 404 tub rim instead. Sorry easton!

look at how similar these are to a zipp, hed & enve rim's

spud

by spud

One of the bigger guys I ride with has been on them all season and has no complaints, and likes them, though he's more of a TT rider. lots of things to like about this wheelset, including width, shape, hub bearing placement etc. But the fact that the rear wheel is 20 spokes only is a deal killer for me. I gave up on anything less than 24 spokes, just too spongy.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

I got a pair in the end, all good so far. I am surprised by the unconventional 16/20 spokes as well but it's not a concern for me at all given my weight and lack of sprinting chops. Incidentally, the front hubs are super wide but the rear flanges not so, even if the bearings are placed far apart.

markyboy

by markyboy

Do you have any side on pics? did they come with the white spokes?
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

They came with black spokes only, I spray paint it white myself. Ugly job but looks good unless you go close to examine it ha. Image