cnspoke aero 360 questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djay001

by djay001

Does anyone tried the new spoke from cnSPOKE, they previously did the mac424, but now they got a lighter spoke the aero 360.

The spec said a 3.6gr weight for 260mm, i just wondering to see a real weight.

And if someone have build with these, for the moment how the wheel feels and if they get problem with the spokes.

For the moment i have just find one place to buy these, this is on ebay and they came at about 2.20$ per spoke shipping included.

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I just purchased some of these I'll be using for a build. The lengths I'll be using are a little longer, but I'll update here with actual weights when I get them. :beerchug:

fwiw I'll be using Kinlin XR300 rims and BHS hubs. I wanted to build on components I am comfortable with, so I can really dig into them when I test them out. :twisted:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djay001

by djay001

Nice,

I'm curious to see the weight if these spoke.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

anyone know where to buy them other than ebay?

Wookieopolis

by Wookieopolis

I just used some of these in a build. Lengths were 274, 283 and 285mm. Average weight for 44 spokes was 4.1 grams. :?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

.5gr over for longer lengths seems reasonable no?

djay001 wrote:The spec said a 3.6gr weight for 260mm, i just wondering to see a real weight.

wrcompositi

by wrcompositi

Here's my Aero360s' average weight: 4.03g(272mm),4.08g(274mm),4.26g(269mm). Strangely, the 269mm spokes have longer round sections near elbows(35mm compared to 15mm), thus are heaviest of the three lengths.

I've used these spokes on 38mm carbon rims, since the rims are stiff and I'm light(63kg), I don't feel the spokes make the wheels less strong or stiff. Aero360s are only slightly thinner than Aero424/CX-Ray/Aerolite, so I don't think the performance will be significantly different. The weight saving is only 20~30g for a set of wheels.

I bought the spokes from the Ebay seller in Taiwan.

wojchiech

by wojchiech

I got my spokes from the ebay seller as well. He was easy to communicate with, and you can order even and odd spoke lengths (nice, since you are never more than .5mm away from your ideal length). Average spoke weights are above the advertised weight at about 4.15g avg per spoke for both of my wheels, but they are still lower weight than Sapim CX-rays, and at a lower price as well (~$2 usd per spoke). They are a great alternative if you are looking for a light bladed spoke.

I have a couple hundred miles in with these spokes and I have no complaints, They are very easy to build with, and have held up to potholes, gravel, and hard sprinting and climbing. I'm actually thinking about using these spokes for a custom farsport clincher build... :beerchug:

Dimitri

by Dimitri

ive used these a fair bit as well as other CN spokes. the 360 always just in front wheels but I am going to start using them on the rear NDS too.

424 is great, and well priced, but the 360 I think is a nicer more aero shape. the shape is smoother, 424s are more a flat bladed spoke with beveled edges almost.

CN/Mac spokes overall are great quality ive found, at least as good as sapim.

The ebay seller you guys are referring to is great too. handling time is a bit annoying but shipping is fast and being able to get any length odd/even is great.

nordtroll

by nordtroll

Can anybody tell me the ebay-name of the seller in Taiwan? I could not find him. :-(
Or does anybody know any other address where to buy?
Thanks!

vdrey

by vdrey

Good886 has some

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

nordtroll

by nordtroll

Thanks! :-)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Does anyone have a source for the Aero360 in straight pull?

I asked Good886 (ebay user), he only carries the Aero424 in straight pull.

Help?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Bumping this one more time - does anyone have access to the CN/MAC Aero360 spokes? I'm looking for a supplier.

Thanks!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

defiancecp

by defiancecp

Old thread, but its one of the first that shows when you google, so I wanted to add my experience. I used aero 360s in a wheel set about a year ago, and went all out weight weenie. Tubular carbon disc wheels, 24/24. End weigh for both wheels was about 1180g, which i think os pretty great for disc, but theyre tubular so not completely surprising. Honestly, I'll say off the bat that was too slim for my 220lbs on a disc wheel. About 1500 miles in (which 130k ft of climbing - I like me some hills :) ), and the results were mixed: front wheel is and has always been brilliant. Rear, however, I broke 4 spokes over that time period. Mix of drive and brake side. Pretty sure I should've gone with a 28 on the rear with a disc build and my weight.

Honestly I think this is pretty good outcome from the spoke perspective. Going to build a new wheel set now with 28 rear (would just build a rear, but I found a new hub set I want to try as well). Figure I'll just swap out the rear spokes on the old set (given the abuse, most of them have probably seen undue stress) with 424s and sell them to somebody a little bit lighter than me :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com