Shimano Di2 9070 Internal Battery BTR2 in a Thomson seatpost

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steveorocks

by steveorocks

SO I have a Shimano Di2 9070 Internal Battery BTR2-1. It came with the battery, a few washers and clip, and two plastic wedges. Does anyone have any creative ideas to mount this in a Thomson seat post?
Thanks in advance

rmerka

by rmerka

Some folks have done foam, some just rubber o-rings. I wrapped electrical tape around both ends until it was thick enough to be nice and tight and stuck it in there. I don't think it really matters as long as you get it to stay in there. Worst case scenario it falls down into to seat tube.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

saibot

by saibot

Some kind of foam is the easiest way to go, here's how I did it, super snug fit and wont move a millimeter.

steveorocks

by steveorocks

Is that foam? Looks slick! Where can I get some of that?

saibot

by saibot

yeah, got it at an home center/DIY store here in japan. Usually for protecting furniture when you move, so it as a slight sticky back, no need for zip ties or anything. Although I had to put the whole seat post in the freezer before I manage to remove the battery (to take the pictures) but, wont need to remove again it until the battery brakes, or change of seat posts.
Super light solution too, only added 4 grams to the battery.

rrkite99

by rrkite99

Just installed the internal battery in my Alize. The seatpost is streamlined so no room in there. Dropped it down seat tube and before I installed PF-BB had access from bottom. Then wrapped it in double side tape and secured tape with zip tie which I didn't cut the end off. It will sit between BB and derailler. New install so not sure if it will make noise over bumps. Was able to get it out by pushing on bottom and pulled with metal coat hanger . Was scared once I dropped it in that I would never be able to pull it out but not so. m

mpower

by mpower

What is the diameter size of this round battery?

keith

by keith

My LBS used some sort of 3rd party foam mountain bike handle thing hanging on the sales display as padding, really solid fit, it's not going to go anywhere! Seatpost is a Bontrager xxx
Riding my road bikes around Eryri

http://www.strava.com/athletes/keith_robertson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rmerka

by rmerka

mpower wrote:What is the diameter size of this round battery?

steveorocks

by steveorocks

I took an ESI grip, Cut it down and shaved it a little and used that to shim my post and hold the battery, worked great.
I tried to take a pic, but I couldn't light it right.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com