What sealant to pirelli p zero tlr tires?

Wheels, Tires, Tubes, Tubeless, Tubs, Spokes, Hookless, Hubs, and more!

Moderator: robbosmans

Forum rules
The spirit of this board is to compile and organize wheels and tires related discussions.

If a new wheel tech is released, (say for example, TPU tubes, a brand new tire, or a new rim standard), feel free to start the discussion in the popular "Road". Your topic will eventually be moved here!
fulton

by fulton

Helo

I'm a beginner in tubeless.
I am thinking of buying Pirelli p zero race tlr tires. due to my weight (84kg), I plan to use about 80-85 Psi. (hook rim). what kind of sealant liquid would you recommend to this tire?and how much should I put in?
What worked for whom with pirelli tires?
The rims: Dt Swiss erc 1400
Thank you.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Always Orange Seal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mocs123

by Mocs123

I'm far from a tubless expert and though I've tried tubeless before, I've typically run clinchers with latex tubes. I am however playing with tubeless again on my SL7 and from what I read Orange Seal is the best sealant but it doean't last long and needs to be topped up regularly. A few people in my club have gone to Silca's tubeless sealant which sounds good, but it seems like a real pain to set up since you can't inject it through the valve stem.

As for how much sealant, it probably depends on the size of your tires, but I've typically run around 30ml. I think both Aerocoach and BRR have done some testing on the amount of sealant and it's impact on rolling resistance.

I'm curious to hear others comments.
2015 Wilier Zero.7 Rim - 6.37kg
2020 Trek Emonda SLR-7 Disc - 6.86kg
2023 Specialized SL7 - 7.18kg

by 208

i'm using pirelli sealant with pzero. seems fine. think i used 70mL initially then topped up with 30mL.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I ran Orange Seal with P Zeros for a year with no problems.