Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 43
I'm after this wheelset, but still didn't buy it because I've read that some people noticed some kind of noise / rattling coming from the real wheel, especially in steep climbs. This issue is holding me back. I'm also looking at the Racing Zero, but I can get the rr21 way cheaper.
Has anyone here experienced this same problem?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 am
Posts: 131
jmsp wrote:
I'm after this wheelset, but still didn't buy it because I've read that some people noticed some kind of noise / rattling coming from the real wheel, especially in steep climbs. This issue is holding me back. I'm also looking at the Racing Zero, but I can get the rr21 way cheaper.
Has anyone here experienced this same problem?

The rear does make some noise under slow speed power, especially up hill but it's nothing to worry about. Just the rear spokes rubbing together. You can put a tiny bit of grease on a cloth and run the cloth between the spokes and the noise will go away for up to a few weeks. My wheels have done about 10,000kms on mine still true. Don't let it put you off buying them if the price is right.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 am 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm
Posts: 312
I have a set of Syncros wheels that are effectively rebadged DT Swiss wheels that do the exact same thing, didn't realize it was a common problem. It is the spokes rubbing together and a dab of chain lube quiets it for a few rides.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 43
Lewn777 wrote:
The rear does make some noise under slow speed power, especially up hill but it's nothing to worry about. Just the rear spokes rubbing together. You can put a tiny bit of grease on a cloth and run the cloth between the spokes and the noise will go away for up to a few weeks. My wheels have done about 10,000kms on mine still true. Don't let it put you off buying them if the price is right.


Thanks for your input and advices.
What can you say about their stiffness?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm
Posts: 35
Same noise problem. Thought the spokes were too loose. Tightened spokes but problem persisted. Annoying as hell.

Drop of oil into spokes base on hub solved the problem. Not sure how long it'll last but spokes have been quiet for two weeks.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:35 am
Posts: 131
jmsp wrote:
Lewn777 wrote:
The rear does make some noise under slow speed power, especially up hill but it's nothing to worry about. Just the rear spokes rubbing together. You can put a tiny bit of grease on a cloth and run the cloth between the spokes and the noise will go away for up to a few weeks. My wheels have done about 10,000kms on mine still true. Don't let it put you off buying them if the price is right.


Thanks for your input and advices.
What can you say about their stiffness?

They are very good and very stiff wheels, perfect for the mountains, they are light for alu alloy, good climbing, great braking and tubeless ready. The noise is the only downside to the wheels as far as I can tell. It depends on each person as to how much a light 'tinging' at low speed under power annoys you.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 43
Lewn777 wrote:
They are very good and very stiff wheels, perfect for the mountains, they are light for alu alloy, good climbing, great braking and tubeless ready. The noise is the only downside to the wheels as far as I can tell. It depends on each person as to how much a light 'tinging' at low speed under power annoys you.

:thumbup:
That's exactly what I've been reading about them, and what I've been searching in a high quality alu wheelset!
At that level, from that brand, with such quality materials and build quality, they simply shouldn't make that annoying noise.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 43
shonanmike wrote:
Same noise problem. Thought the spokes were too loose. Tightened spokes but problem persisted. Annoying as hell.

Drop of oil into spokes base on hub solved the problem. Not sure how long it'll last but spokes have been quiet for two weeks.

All the solutions pointed out only seems to eliminate the noise temporarily and not permanently.
Hope you've found a definitive solution to this problem.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:26 am
Posts: 66
I just recently got this wheelset, although in disc form (which could make a difference).

I have yet to hear any noise...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:11 pm 


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Dt swiss rr21 dicut
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm
Posts: 43
mike001100 wrote:
I just recently got this wheelset, although in disc form (which could make a difference).

I have yet to hear any noise...

I have a set of DT Swiss R24 disc brake, wich I've been using in my gravel bike, with almost 3000 km, and they've been very quiet till now.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Fulcrum Racing Zero C17 or DT Swiss RR21 Dicut

in Everything wheels

Ville

7

1715

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:15 am

uraqt View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. DT RR21 Dicut DB for CX ?

in Everything wheels

stormur

0

287

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:23 pm

stormur View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. dt swiss dicut 1400

in Everything wheels

sd5500

8

1136

Wed May 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Apv View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Roval CLX50 disc or Dt Swiss ERC 1100 Dicut disc

in Everything wheels

Y26

7

928

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:21 pm

TonyM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. DT Swiss RR411

in Everything wheels

Thenuge

12

1336

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:34 am

bm0p700f View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited