Making the transition to tubulars

Everything about building wheels, glueing tubs, etc.
benp

by benp

Duplicate post!

gitsome

by gitsome

Probably selling Enve classic 45s laced to Alchemy Elf/Orc hubs mint cond. This winter/spring if anyones interested pls pm me. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My wallet is the lightest thing on my bike.

by Weenie

Kaboom

by Kaboom

stax wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 am
After many hours of research on this and the glueing tubulars thread, I recently put my first set of Enve 4.5 tubs onto a new Mosaic RT1 frame. I went into the process a bit nervous but feeling well prepared from all the reading I'd done and it was a smooth and simple process. I didn't do a great job of centring the front but it wasn't too noticeable till riding. I have since removed, re-glued and re-centred it, and that too was a simple process, purely because I felt knowledgeable going into it. Many thanks to the good folks who give their time and experience to help out us tub noobs on this forum. I wouldn't have considered moving from clinchers had I not had this amount of information simply and freely available.

Thanks again, and for anybody wondering- yes, it is very much worth it.
Not as fast, simple or clean as doing clinchers but I'm on my fourth set of tubulars and I can now get two old ones ripped from the rims and two new ones installed and pretty well centered in less than half an hour.

I have plenty of cycling buddies who'll take longer than that to change 2 clincher tires.

And just like you, mainly thanks to the great info on this forum and the (lesser) info in a Spanish one I frequent.
Last edited by Kaboom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff

by Geoff

Keep spreading the word! Tubulars are no problem.